In this article we’ll look at some of the basic features of Wave. If you want to learn more, or you want to set-up your own system, you can visit the Wave website here.
Wave is brilliant because it offers a free solution for sole-traders and small businesses. It’s easy to understand and quick to get started. There is no payroll (except in USA and Canada) and their credit card payments system is a paid extra, but you can accept Paypal and BACS anyway so this probably won’t matter.
If you need payroll then you should look to Quickbooks or Xero, which are paid apps but both offer affordable entry-level options.
Too busy? Here’s Wave in 30 seconds.
- It’s free!
- Manage invoices and billing
- Connect to your bank account to automate transactions
- Customise invoices and emails
- Upgrade to take card payments
- Saves you time and money
- You can collaborate and have someone check your figure online
Wave allows you to connect your bank account and pull transactions across automatically. This alone can save a lot of time repeating information.
Once you’re set-up and have some transactions you can:
- Send invoices and enter bills
- Add customers to enable rapid invoicing
- Create as many account categories as you need
- Customise emails and invoices with your text and logo
- Report on income and expenses
- Have income and expenses organised in one place
- Know your data is secure with 256bit encryption
For more details of features you should browse the Wave site. Next we will look at why you might move to a cloud accounting system, and why Wave.
Still have questions? Want help setting up Wave?
We'll answer any questions you have, or even better, we can set up the account for you and then visit you on-site to give you training.
We partner with Start Right to bring you first class business advice and strategies. visit their website start your success now...
We partner with Start Right
to bring you the latest and most effective tools for starting, growing or healing your business. Whether you're ready to expand or need to turn your cashflow around we can make it happen.
Why not start with some free and friendly advice, just pick up the phone or use our contact form.